You wonder how long the world can teeter on the brink – Donald Trump says: Chance of ‘major, major conflict’ with North Korea. Unprepared President Trump risks blundering into nuclear war. But Why so little public protest on the current threats of nuclear war? Have we all got nuclear-war-fear fatigue? Or, in Australia, it is the football season.
Pine Gap and Northwest Cape– Australia’s very obvious nuclear targets. America’s deployment of 1250 marines to Darwin rattles North Korea. North Korea developing missiles in 3 years time, that could reach Australia, esp Pine Gap.
NUCLEAR. Today submissions closed for the secretive Parliamentary Inquiry into Australia joining the international Generation IV Nuclear Energy Framework (GIF) . I sent one in. It will probably get lost in a pile of pro nuclear submissions from nuclear companies and their shills.
USA preparing charges for the arrest of Julian Assange.
ENERGY. Dennis Mattews reviews Senate Committee report on Electricity Stability and Affordability. Obvious to all, except the Australian govt, that the nation needs a clear energy market policy. Australia’s rapidly increasing solar energy capacity. Turnbull’s dishonest spin about his Snowy Hydro energy plan. Turnbull government wants to subsidise fossil fuel transport.
- South Australia. Australia’s Minister for Environment and Energy, Josh Frydenberg, backs Port Augusta solar thermal plan. Australia’s solar rooftop hotspot – South Australia. Gas generators ordered on as South Australia’s wind production peaked.
- New South Wales. New South Wales wind farm to power 49,000 ACT homes
- Victoria. Victoria aims for two 20MW large scale batteries to be installed by January. Mini hydro electric scheme could revive historic hydro power in Warburton, Victoria.
Trump says that Kim Jong Un ‘is a problem that needs to be finally solved’, sends Cruise missile-carrying nuclear submarine to South Korea. China’s strong warning to North Korea against another nuclear weapons test. Japanese buying nuclear shelters and radiation-blocking air purifiers, in fear of nuclear attack. Just 10 minutes to prepare for a North Korean nuclear attack, Japan’s government says. The multi-million death toll that would result from a pre-emptive strike on North Korea. Close to human extinction – a nuclear war warning from Ex-CIA operative Valerie Plame.
Plutonium in space – the danger in space probes.
USA. America’s anti-ballistic missile systems capable of nuclear strike against Russia, China. Nuclear energy utilities NextEra, FPL lose lawsuit over $97.5 million in nuclear-related tax refunds Nuclear bomb drill in New Jersey.
American scientists march to save science. Florida’s nightmare outlook with climate change. 9 year old boy persisting in suing Donald Trump over his climate policies. Heartland Institute’s misinformation campaign into schools.
CANADA. Emergency exercises in Ottawa and Nova Scoria: testing how to respond to a nuclear threat.
INDIA. Duration of Indian Hot Season Nearly Doubles as Crushing Drought and Heat Expand Across the Subcontinent.
SOUTH KOREA. South Korea: All major candidates vow to stop building new reactors.
- Theresa May would be willing to fire a pre-emptive nuclear strike. Greens Party condemns as immoral UK government’s willingness for pre-emptive strike. Russian warning: Britain would be ‘razed to the ground’if it launched a nuclear attack.
- Brexit and Britain’s problem of nuclear waste.
- Round-up of latest news on UK’s Hinkley Point C nuclear project.
- Millions funnelled to North Korea’s nuclear weapons programme through house in suburban London.
RUSSIA. Children Still Endangered by Chernobyl Radiation in Russia; Russia Pretends Area Has Improved; Removes Medical, Social Insurance and Compensation. Russia Continues Crusade Against Environmental Groups in Run-up to Earth Day.
SOUTH AFRICA. South Africa’s Eskom nuclear plan set back, as Judge rules nuclear decisions unlawful.
UKRAINE. Chernobyl’s massive steel arch – temporary protection against ionising radiation.
JAPAN. 80% of voluntary Fukushima disaster evacuees outside pref. unwilling to return home. Japan reconstruction minister quits after inappropriate comment on disaster zone. The scandalous deficiency of the health scheme in Fukushima. Tests to start on radioactive soil for use in reconstruction. Japan’s very big problem of nuclear wastes from its failed Tokai Reprocessing Plant. High contamination in Namie, Fukushima