Much as I hate joining the throng paying attention to that global narcissist, I must admit the fact that Donald Trump’s statements and actions are provoking reactions in America and around the world. On many important issues, such as torture, and religious discrimination, people are responding with alarm. Equally worrying are his policies on climate and nuclear matters, and his attacks on science and journalism.
I am reminded of a kindergarten teacher, explaining the real message of a child’s bad behaviour “How bad to I have to be before somebody stops me”
I did get some macabre amusement from this news item- Under Trump, nuclear lobby to dump the argument about climate change.
NUCLEAR. Federal nuclear propaganda group to visit proposed nuclear dump towns in South Australia. Federal govt announces bribes to these communities. Dishonest spin from ANSTO and government, about Spain’s nuclear waste program. Good riddance to the Trans Pacific Partnership: it could have furthered nuclear waste import plans.
- Victoria is a world leader in energy efficiency.
- Australian conservative MPs, Cory Bernardi etc, urge Turnbull to scrap the Renewable Energy Target.
- Renewable energy groups mobilise as ERM’s RET shortfall looms as major test – this is a complex story, but points to the way in which the Turnbull government is undermining renewable energy.
- A new, intelligent renewable energy culture for Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO), with new leader ?
Thanks to Donald Trump, the Doomsday Clock ticks closer to apocalypse
Strong business case to go 100 % renewable – leading global companies
Sea level rise more rapid than expected.
EUROPE. Europe and northern hemisphere warming fast: Europe faces droughts, floods
- Linda Gunter busts the spin of America’s “new nuclear” salesmen.
- Yet more corruption in the nuclear industry.
- Donald Trump now repressing scientists. American scientists are now organizing their own march on Washington.
- Trump’s first White House website post – will scrap Climate Action Plan‘
- Despite nuclear tensions, Americans have continued to send humanitarian aid to North Korea.
- Across America’s heartland, Democrats and Republicans embrace renewable energy. Pope Francis has influenced USA Republicans to shift climate views.
- Largest Offshore Wind Project in America planned for New York
JAPAN. Plans to remove nuclear fuel at Fukushima N° 3 reactor delayed again. Radiation Measured 16μSv/h at Ground Level in Namie-cho, Fukushima. On February 14, Toshiba will reveal extent of U.S. nuclear business writedown.
UK. Another British nuclear mishap kept secret – the Scottish cold war nuclear submarine collision. Theresa May kept quiet, but SHE KNEW about the test missile mishap. With election coming, British government covered up serious missile test incident.Trident whistleblower tells RT he ‘witnessed 4 unreported missile test failures
PAKISTAN. Pakistan test-fires nuclear missile capable of hitting multiple targets
FRANCE. Closure of Fessenheim nuclear plant approved by EDF
SOUTH KOREA. South Koreans alarmed about nuclear weapons – uncertainty about Donald Trump.
CHILE. Chilean Wildfires are Worst to Ever Strike the Country