It’s SOUTH AUSTRALIA again. You might all be getting sick of hearing about South Australia’s nuclear woes. But, spare a thought for the indigenous people of South Australia! They’ve been through all this before – and now again – the nuclear lobby planning to radioactively trash their homeland! And a thought for the decent, aware people of South Australia, who also fight to prevent their State, and their country being radioactively trashed.
It’s Submission Time Yet Again. Submissions about nuclear waste dumping will be received up until 1st July by the new JOINT COMMITTEE ON FINDINGS OF THE NUCLEAR FUEL CYCLE ROYAL COMMISSION , Parliament of South Australia. Great timing, just the day before the federal election – so they hope that nobody will notice. Except perhaps again for all those nuclear companies, who have already sent in their secret submissions to South Australia’s shonky Nuclear Fuel Chain Royal Commission.
South Australian ‘Citizens’ Jury’ to kick off expensive nuclear publicity juggernaut. Nuclear ‘Citizens Jury’ will be a farce if it relies solely on that biased South Australian Royal Commission. However, New DemocracyCo’s co-CEO Emily Jenke says Citizens’ Jury not about manufacturing nuclear consent.
NORTHERN TERRITORY. Rum Jungle still polluted 45 years after uranium mine was closed
Pro coal, pro nuclear John White still quietly running Liberal govt’s resources policy.
Australia covered up plight of Great Barrier Reef, Tasmania wilderness and Kakadu in UN Report
ELECTION 2 JULY
- Major political parties downplay environment as election approaches.
- Australian Conservation Foundation’s environment election scorecard.
- Transition to renewable energy favoured by most voters.
- Labor’s community solar hubs would benefit renters and pensioners. Labor’s renewable energy plan won’t cost taxpayers – Shorten. Labor will not support Adani’s proposed $16 billion Carmichael coalmine.
- Greens energy plan to generate $53 billion of investment in Queensland.
- Coalition electorates have highest proportion of solar powered homes
Infrastructure Victoria draft report includes nuclear power as an option.
Our only hope against nuclear pollution and annihilation – an informed citizenry.
Probability of a big nuclear accident within the next 10 years.
NUCLEAR MARKETING. Russia moving in on America as a market for its nuclear fuel. China, South Korea and Russia battle to win Kenya as nuclear customer. USA’s Westinghouse in rush to sell nuclear reactors to India. Russia and China working together to market nuclear reactors to the world. Russia flogging nuclear to Nigeria. And to Bolivia. China’s plans for marketing floating nuclear power plants (- but major risks, good terrorism targets)
- Trump is too dangerous and unstable to have the nuclear codes – says Hillary Clinton.
- “Just Mums” have become a powerful lobbying force for action on radioactive wastes.
- You think the oil industry’s in trouble? Try nuclear!. Up to 20 USA uneconomic nuclear stations soon to close. Nuclear stations more at risk than Regulators say.
- New York: opposition to subsidies for nuclear power stations.
- Seattle City Council calls for replacing nuclear power with renewable energy.
- Exelon’s 2 nuclear plants nearly dead, but not quite. Exelon gets employees to lobby for nuclear subsidies.
- Florida consumers still being slugged unfairly for Turkey Point delayed nuclear expansion.
- Michael Mariotte exposes pro nuclear “environmentalists” Hansen and Shellenberger. Sad loss of a man of integrity – Michael Mariotte.
SOUTH AFRICA. Let’s not forget the nuclear corruption in South Africa
NORTH KOREA Ballistic missile launch fails for the fourth time in recent months, South Korea says.
INDIA. Indian company exits nuclear project, switches to wind energy.
CHILE producing too much solar energy.