SA Royal Commission into Nuclear Expansion http://www.foe.org.au/royal-commission
This webpage will track the progress of the South Australian Royal Commission, established by the South Australian government in February 2015 to examine options to expand the state’s involvement in the nuclear fuel cycle.
- The Commission’s website is: http://nuclearrc.sa.gov.au/
- Summary of ‘Tentative Findings’ of SA Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission (PDF)
- March 2016: Submission by the Conservation Council of SA, the Australian Conservation Foundation and Friends of the Earth, Australia responding to the Royal Commission’s Tentative Findings report (PDF)
- August 2015: Main submission to the Royal Commission by the Conservation Council of SA, the Australian Conservation Foundation and Friends of the Earth, Australia (PDF)
- Australia Institute, March 2016, ‘Digging for Answers’, report on economics of plan to import thousands of tonnes of spent fuel / high-level nuclear waste (PDF)
- Australia Institute, February 2016, ‘The Impossible Dream’, report on the silly plan, rejected by the Royal Commission, for South Australia to build Generation IV reactors (PDF)
- December 2015: A Critique of the South Australian Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission, written by Dr Jim Green and Dr Philip White on behalf of the Conservation Council of SA, the Australian Conservation Foundation and Friends of the Earth, Australia. To download the report click here (PDF) or to read online click here.