South Australia’s Nuclear Fuel Chain Royal Commission. Still time to send in submissions. Closing date for Issues Papers 2 & 3 , and for a submission covering all four issues is August 3rd.
When I got a policeman to witness my last 2 submissions, he said (completely unexpectedly and unsolicited by me) “You won’t win., you know. They’ll do it. They’ve got all the money”
Yes, it’s a shonky Royal Commission, with Kevin Scarce’s shares in Rio Tinto, and the Commission’s heavies connected to nuclear agencies.
But – as Redgum said, 20 years ago “If you don’t fight, you lose”
- At antinuclear.net you will find tips on submissions, and Answer Points for Submission Issues Paper 2 Further Processing and Manufacture, and Answer Points for Issues Paper 3 Electricity Generation.
- Dr Helen Caldicott’s Submission on all 4 Nuclear Royal Commission Issues Papers. She is now receiving double the usual insulting flak on Twitter, ( on hashtags #NuclearCommissionSAust and #thorium etc).
Pro Nuclear Royal Commission Pushes on With Determination, calls for tenders.
Federal Labor frontbencher Anthony Albanese opposes Australian further involvement in nuclear fuel chain.
Northern Territory development : Aboriginal owners asked to agree to extinguish native title.
CLIMATE CHANGE: Tony Abbott’s sly way of stopping action on climate change. Labor leader Bill Shorten foresees aclimate change election. Climate change harming wine industry (nuclear power would, too) They are using giant $55,000 electric fans. (Apparently these are not ugly, like wind turbines?)
Australian Labor Party delegates vote for 50 per cent renewable energy plan. VICTORIAN Liberal MP Sarah Henderson breaks ranks, supports investment in renewables. Poll finds 60% believe carbon tax had little or no effect on electricity bills.
I muse on Toshiba’s ECO and his shame. He apologised for faking the accounts on nuclear (supposed) profits. However, he gained no personal income from this. It was done out of loyalty to the company. Wouldn’t happen in Australia, – they’d all do it for themselves here!
- the Evacuees Situation .
- Confirmed equipment failure for ice wall – Ice wall building resumed.
- Fukushima fishermen OK TEPCO plan to release decontaminated water into sea.
- Tepco to start removing the largest debris from Reactor 3 pool / Worker “The most dangerous process”.
- Fukushima will likely go down in history as the biggest cover-up of the 21st Century.
- Tepco finally admitted irregular sinking in Fukushima plant.
- Fukushima scrub-down aims to make villages safe, although woods may remain no-go zones.
- Japanese Government – aided by the IAEA – puts nuclear victims at risk with forced resettlement scheme.
Crucial emergency test begins at Sendai nuclear plant ahead of upcoming restart on August 10, 2015.
No idea what to do with the radioactive trash, but Japan still plans to make more of it.
IRAN: Nuclear experts explain how the Iran nuclear deal cuts off pathways to nuclear weapons.
SWITZERLAND: Thorough analysis of Switzerland’s plan for exit from nuclear power.
INDIA: As Areva Goes Belly Up, Modi’s French Nuclear Plans May Start Unravelling.
FRANCE: quadruples carbon price, will move towards renewable energy.