- Father Christmas will most likely be homeless in a couple of years. Alarm among scientists at ‘Extraordinarily hot’ Arctic temperatures. Problem of carbon release as permafrost melts.
- For 2016, Atmospheric CO2 Concentrations are Rising at the Fastest Rate Ever Seen.
- Climate Change will lead to uncontrollable migration.
- The climate-water conflict – climate change increases risk of nuclear war.
- Insurance companies losing ability to manage risks, as climate change brings extreme weather events.
Finkel Report recommends emissions trading, warns on Australian govt’s climate policy chaos. Australian govt promotes coal and nuclear, despite public opinion and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank policy. Australia’s electricity industry strongly calls for a carbon price, and switch to clean energy. Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull talks complete rubbish on climate policy. Australia’s gutless Minister for Environment and Energy – Josh Frydenberg.
Australia’s dangerous uranium deal with India. Two Australian uranium mining companies going down the gurgler? According to Bob Hawke, Aborigines can get a decent life only if Australia imports nuclear waste?
South Australia. Australian government’s nuclear waste dump for Barndioota – a sly prelude for importing nuclear waste.
Queensland. Traditional Owners construct ‘legal line of defence’ against Adani and Qld Govt. Not justified, not financially viable – Adani’s huge coal mine project. Australian Labor says No to Adani coal loan.
New South Wales. Sydney students pioneer a shared solar and battery system for apartment block.
Victoria. Barwon Water and the City of Greater Geelong investigate solar array for landfill site. New 116-turbine wind farm for the Wimmera, Victoria. MP James Purcell calls for nuclear power for Portland, Victoria.
Northern Territory appoints too many mining representatives to its Mining Advisory Committee
Western Australia. Toro Energy, uranium miner, CEO Vanessa Guthrie chucks away the poisoned uranium chalice.
FRANCE. EDF’s financial crisis will leave french taxpayers with a huge nuclear bill. Suspected falsifying of documents: French prosecutors investigate Areva’s Le Creusot nuclear foundry. France launches investigation of Fessenheim nuclear power plant.
- President elect Trump: his Cabinet and Climate. Trump Appoints Climate Skeptic to NASA Team
- Donald Trump’s team want Energy Department to save the failing nuclear industry.
- North Dakota pipeline protestors get support from US military veterans.
- Entergy’s troubled Palisades nuclear power plant for early shutdown.
- Dozens of canisters of radioactive waste to be repackaged at USA’s Waste Isolation Pilot Plant. Roof collapse at USA’s Waste Isolation Pilot Plant – more nuclear safety worries.
- US Navy to build a new facility for stranded radioactive nuclear wastes.
- Landmark case on climate change looming for USA government.
JAPAN. Japan to increase loan to Fukushima operator Tepco to $123 billion. Mitsubishi Heavy makes huge and risky investment in AREVA nuclear. Plan to build Monju nuclear reprocessing successor to Recycle Plutonium Stocks
UK. NUGEN Partner ENGIE Wants OUT of Nuclear
RUSSIA. Russia’s new ‘drone submarine’ with range of 6,200 miles.
GERMANY. German legal case sets precedent for limiting the greed of nuclear and coal companies.
BELARUS. Belarus radiation tragedy of Chernobyl is only just developing.
AFRICA. Climate change could render Sudan ‘uninhabitable.
BULGARIA. Bulgaria pays compensation damages to Russia, for scrapping Belene nuclear plant
INDIA India’s push for solar energy is gaining steam
IRAN. Iranian president won’t let Trump ruin the US–Iran nuclear deal