Remarkable story of the week – The deadly secret of Russia’s secret nuclear radioactive city Ozersk, codenamed City 40
It’s not too late to comment on this appalling nuclear lobby plan to make South Australia the world’s nuclear toilet. Yes, the South Australian govt will probably ignore you. However, as with Facebook, Twitter, and comments all over the place – the pro nuclear shills are active on this site, too – at http://nuclear.yoursay.sa.gov.au/discussions/nuclear-community-conversation-share-your-initial-thoughts-on-the-royal-commission-s-final-report
CLIMATE and NUCLEAR.
Federal Politics Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull wasted no time in gifting to the nuclear and coal industries – the newMinister For Environment and Energy – Josh Frydenberg. Australia rates rather poorly on UN Sustainable Development Goals. Turnbull govt still backing Trans Pacific Partnership. Warning to Australia against being USA ‘deputy sheriff’ near China.
South Australia holding Parliamentary Inquiry in the nuclear waste importing plan. No report so far, but evidence was given by Craig Wilkins (Conservation Council Of South Australia), and by independent campaigner David Noonan.
Premier Jay Weatherill is launching a pro nuclear extravaganza. The tax-payers of this cash-strapped State are forking out at least $13 million this campaign to blanket the State with nuclear propaganda. First the Royal Commission fed them with abiased report recommending nuclear waste importing. Then a Citizens’ Jury was fed very dubious economic,health and safety information on this.
The Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission Consultation and Response Agency, (made up of nameless people) aresending out teams to 101 cities and towns to carry the pro nuclear message to the population.
Renewable energy. In South Australia the Liberal Coalition opposition appears to be behind the feeding of misinformation on wind energy, to the Murdoch media. In other States, the Coalition attacks renewable energy, and Murdoch media continues to publicise this. Nick Xenophon wants inquiry in South Australia’s renewable energy issues.
South Australia is set to get world’s biggest solar + storage project. Canberra’s solar farms with sun- tracking technology. Victoria to get record-breaking wind farm. Queensland: Catholic schools recognised by Vatican for solar energy success.
CLIMATE. Climate change threatens economies, as workers hampered by increasing heat. Montreal Protocol to be amended to phase out climate damaging hydrofluorocarbons. Global Heat Leaves 20th Century Temps ‘Far Behind’ —June Another Hottest Month on Record. If Amazon forest catches fire, world climate will be in even bigger trouble.
- Spain urgently wants explanation from Britain after nuclear submarine collision.
- Britain’s Parliament votes to renew Trident nuclear missile system. Scottish independence a sure thing, now that UK govt will renew Trident nuclear missile system? Anti Trident nuclear protests in 36 Scottish cities, towns and villages.
- Birmingham protest against the trucking of nuclear weapons through their city.
- UK’s House of Lords’ members, UK banks – financial interests in Trident nuclear programme.
- Teresa May’s backward step in abolishing Climate Change Department.
FRANCE. Several French trade unions want “out” of EDF’s Hinkley nuclear project
SOUTH KOREA. Thousands protest against planned deployment of USA anti-missile system
RUSSIA. The deadly secret of Russia’s secret nuclear radioactive city Ozersk, codenamed City 40
- Tokyo jolted by third quake in four days.
- Japan heading back to to fascism.
- Japan bribed towns at least $28.3 million per town to host dangerous nuclear facilities.
- Iodine jelly to be handed out to infants living within 30 km of nuclear plants.
- Fukushima. Radioactive “Glass”, Insoluble Cesium Particles Lodged in the Fukushima workers lungs. Greenpeace reports jump in radioactive contamination in Fukushima waterways. In first, Tepco admits ice wall can’t stopFukushima No. 1 groundwater.
IRAN. Iran and West both compliant on nuclear deal – but cautious