It’s getting harder, and more ridiculous, to separate nuclear issues from fossil fuel issues. Nuclear and coal power are really intertwined, indeed depending on each other, and both contributing to global warming.
Australian and Marshall Islander nuclear test survivors demand a ban on nuclear weapons.
CLIMATE and ENERGY. Urgent need to shift to zero carbon power – as soon as 2018. Axe over controversial Shenhua coal mine in New England. Australia’s home solar battery company launches new product. Australia wasting over $2.5 million investigating ‘wind turbine syndrome‘. China’s State Grid Eyes Australia
POLITICS. We assume that Julie Bishop will oppose radioactive trash import, as she fears nuclear terrorism
SOUTH AUSTRALIA changes to Aboriginal Heritage Act – a precursor to nuclear waste dumping?
Desert Liberation Front (anti uranium) to rally outside Olympic Dam
Nuclear waste dump plan
- See this short video, from Today Tonight Adelaide, explaining the South Australian nuclear waste dump proposal.
- Scarce determined to recommend nuclear waste import and dump for South Australia. Kevin Scarce buys expert pro nuclear opinions from Switzerland and Belgium.
- South Australia’s elitist Nuclear Fuel Chain Royal Commission ignores any arguments that are not pro nuclear.
- Sisters of St Joseph oppose nuclear waste import, defend sacred lands of Aboriginal people.
- Who will benefit from nuclear waste import scheme – international nuclear companies!
WESTERN AUSTRALIA Faults exposed with Mulga Rock uranium mining proposal
QUEENSLAND Federal solar funding switch to hurt state
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY funding battery storage in homes.
VICTORIA. At last Victoria might now get going, farming solar energy.
NEW SOUTH WALES. Origin energy buys power from Moree solar farm.
CLIMATE and ENERGY By 2018 world must shift to zero carbon, to avoid extra dangerous global warming. USA and China – joint statement: both will sign Paris climate deal. Rockefeller to ditch oil, gas, holdings on ethical and economic grounds: criticises Exxon Mobil Clean coal” technology is not working. Renewable energy taking overthe world- already. Report: Clean Energy Economy Employs More than 2.5 Million Americans, Poised for More Growth.
Global Marketing frenzy to sell nuclear reactors to the Middle East.
- Terrorism threat to Britain’s nuclear facilities is increasing – warns Nuclear Regulator. Transatlantic flights with nuclear waste cargo – an unacceptable danger.
- Chinese nuclear corporation decides not to get involved in UK’s dubious Hinkley nuclear project. Further doubt on future of Hinkley Point nuclear project, as costs rise again. EDF senior engineers call for delay in UK Hinkley nuclear power development.
- British churches going green, going for renewable energy.
- Britain now boasts world’s largest floating solar energy farm.
Donald Trump would contemplate dropping nuclear bomb on Europe. White House says Donald Trump’s nuclear policy is ‘catastrophic’. Donald Trump and Ted Cruz agree on undoing Obama’s climate action work.
The coming wave of shutdowns of old nuclear reactors in America. Troubled history of New York’s Indian Point nuclear power station. Nine Mile Point Nuclear Station desperate for money: call for taxpayer funding.
Community solar power now getting the backing of energy utilities.
BELGIUM. All about the terrorists’ plan to attack Belgium’s nuclear power station
CHINA is building a national electricity grid. And “China pushes for mandatory integration of renewable power. Co-operation on super grid – China, Pakistan, South Korea. Global electricity network – China’s plan.
RUSSIA building new multiple-warhead nuclear missiles.
JAPAN journalists under pressure from government. “
- City” of Waste: Fukushima Cleanup Now Up to 10.7 Million 1-ton Bags of Radioactive Waste.
- Multiple rivers in Fukushima Prefecture have radioactive sediments.
- Tepco starts freezing soil around Fukushima plant reactors Ice wall at Fukushima plant switched on, but will it work?
- Public-private council launched to turn Fukushima into green energy hub.
AFRICA. New proof that South Africa planned a binding nuclear deal with Russia.
INDIA. Rural Indians’ lawsuit against coal power plant is dismissed by USA judge.