I find the International scene gloomy, as:
- Japan’s Fukushima disaster is unending.
- Britain’s govt is happily promoting the Hinkley Point nuclear boondoggle, with China’s help.
- Obama govt buying into the nuclear lobby’s climate lie. (Well, Obama does owe the nuclear industry, for all thecampaign funding they’ve given him.)
- Trans Pacific Partnership fails the environment, ignores climate change.
March on Paris The Don’t Nuke the Climate campaign will be present in Paris to organise and
coordinate actions, gatherings and lobby efforts. On December 12 we organise a strong and visible anti-nuclear contingent in the Global Climate March. We call upon everyone to come to Paris for December 12 to make your point clear.
- 28 & 29 Nov, 2015: Mass demonstrations in European Capitals.
- 30 Nov – 11 Dec, 2015: The 21st session of the Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC – Paris, France.
- 12 Dec 2015: Mass demonstration in Paris.
AUSTRALIA – well, the nation at large sleeps on, thinking that the removal of half-witted PM Abbott has fixed things. Well, it hasn’t!
- Turnbull backs Sen Edwards plan to make South Australia the world’s radioactive trash toilet. Senator Sean Edwards wants the whole toxic nuclear chain here, as well as the radioactive trash dump. Fact-checking Senator Sean Edwards’s claim on future nuclear bonanza. Nuclear waste dump idea is a political stinker: Liberal powerbroker Michael Kroger is worried.
- MP Rowan Ramsey explains difference between Lucas Heights nuclear waste and the Sean Edwards import plan.
- Australia’s nuclear/uranium giants don’t want nuclear technology (just waste dumping).
- Why is Australia suddenly embracing both nuclear industry AND Green Climate Fund?
- Senator Scott Ludlam explains why nuclear power is ‘the dream that failed’.
- Australians would be ill-advised to accept Turnbull’s “green” credentials.
- Christopher Pyne joins Australia’s pro nuclear dance troupe. Matthias Cormann joins, too
On uranium sales to India, Malcolm Turnbull should heed Parliament’s Joint Standing Committee on Treaties.
Costs of new nuclear, high, higher, and astronomic – Australia, USA, South Africa, China.
CLIMATE CHANGE Australia has no environmental credibility, yet seeks to co-chair the Green Climate Fund. Banks NAB and CBA support climate action (but watch out for nuclear investment). Big companies urge action on climate change (but beware of BHP’s nuclear lobbying). Australian insurance companies must come clean about climate change.
Adelaide’s January heatwave attributed to climate change.
SOUTH AUSTRALIA. Forget climate change spin: Nuclear lobby’s aim is South Australia as radioactive trash dump – Helen Caldicott. South Australia’s Nuclear Royal Commission THE APPEARANCE OF BIAS – NOT A GOOD LOOK. Don’t let strident pro nuclear voices drown out alternative voices.
Karoonda Council, South Australia, considering floating solar plant.
WESTERN AUSTRALIA Cameco’s uranium plans in Western Australia stalled indefinitely by low prices. But Resources Minister Josh Frydenberg expresses nuclear lobby’s religious belief in future uranium boom. Australian media continues to confuse return of Lucas Heights wastes with plan to import world’s radioactive trash.
Western Australia’s wave power microgrid – a world first.
VICTORIA Iluka Resources to subdivide West Victoria land with radioactive trash tomb.
RENEWABLE ENERGY Too good to be true? Environment Minister Greg Hunt’s new found enthusiasm for renewable energy. AUSTRALIA CAN GO GREEN AND HAVE ECONOMIC GROWTH. WHY WE SHOULD GO IT ALONE ON CLIMATE CHANGE. The Balunu Foundation’s healing programme of green energy with Aboriginal people.